History of St. Paul University Dumaguete
1904 - On October 29. 1904. seven Sisters of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres established its first foundation in the Philippines in Dumaguete. Negros Oriental. The Sisters, coming from their mission in Vietnam, responded to the invitation of the Most Reverend Frederick Rooker of the Diocese of Iloilo, to which Dumaguete then belonged. They were Mother Marthe de St Paul, Superior, Sr. Marie Louise du Sacre Couer. Sr. Ange Marie, Sr. Anne de la Croix, Sr. Charles de Genes. Sr. Catherine, and Sr. Josephine. The seven sisters were immediately sent to take over the direction of a boarding school with 26 girls, located near the Cathedral. It was the first foundation of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres (SPC) in the Philippines.
The Seven Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres

The first seven sisters of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres who came to the Philippines in 1904